Suggest an Idea
We cannot guarantee that we will make it happen, but it is more likely if you have ideas for who our track heads might reach out to in order to present the panel at Penguicon.
- If you have suggestion for an event you would like to see at Penguicon that you don’t want to present yourself, please use our event suggestion form.
- To submit a proposal for an event you intend to present, please use our event proposal form.
All programming proposals are due by February 1st.
The schedule is expected to be available on April 1.
Types of presentations:
- A panel is any discussion with multiple planned participants who get up in front of an audience and discuss the topic, usually as someone with experience.
- A presentation is a talk delivered by one planned person. This is usually a subject matter expert of some sort.
- A round table is a small session in which every audience member is an active participant. This often occurs when a panel attracts such a small audience that the audience is invited to join the panel to talk. These are often rewarding.
- A birds of a feather session is any discussion scheduled without official panelists. This is where you just show up and talk with whoever comes to chat. If you don’t want the responsibility of running a panel, this may be for you.
If you speak for more than three hours of approved programming OR submit one hour’s event documentation (talk to us for details), you will also have a discounted membership! Note: We reserve the right to alter panel titles, descriptions, or presenters as necessary, though we will make every effort to notify the submitter.